Get an overview of this hotel5-star luxury hotel, walk to Machu Picchu
Popular property highlights
Situated in the mountains, this luxury hotel is within a 10-minute walk of Temple of the Condor and Machu Picchu. Huayna Picchu is 0.4 mi (0.7 km) away.
2 restaurants, a bar/lounge, and spa services are available at this smoke-free hotel. WiFi in public areas is free. Other amenities include 24-hour room service, dry cleaning, and laundry facilities.
All 31 rooms feature thoughtful touches like bathrobes and slippers, plus free WiFi, free wired Internet, and LCD TVs with satellite channels. Other amenities available to guests include iPod docks, 24-hour room service, and minibars.
- Good location
- Helpful staff
- Overall room comfort
Belmond Sanctuary Lodge
Dining is available at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Public areas are equipped with complimentary wired and wireless Internet access. This luxury hotel also offers spa services, a terrace, and tour/ticket assistance.
Belmond Sanctuary Lodge is a smoke-free property.
- Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Total number of rooms - 31
- Number of floors - 1
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Newspapers in lobby (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free wired Internet
- Laundry facilities
- Multilingual staff
- Luggage storage
- Year Built 1995
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa services on site
- Free WiFi
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
- Free newspaper
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower only
- In-room safe
- Satellite TV service
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- iPod docking station
- Room service (24 hours)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 5:30 AM and 9 AM.
Tinkuy Restaurant - This restaurant specializes in international cuisine and serves lunch only.
Tampu Restaurant Bar - This restaurant specializes in Peruvian cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
24-hour room service is available.
- Aromatherapy treatments
Check-in time starts at 1 PM
Check-in time ends at noon
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- No pets or service animals allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available.
No pets or service animals allowed
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per adult: PEN 1008.00
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per child: PEN 504.00 (from 3 to 11 years old)
- The national sales tax (18%) is charged upon check-out to citizens of Peru regardless of length of stay and to foreigners staying in the country for 60 consecutive days or more. Foreigners who present a valid passport and Andean Migration Card (Tarjeta Andina de Migración) at check-in are exempt from this tax. Furthermore, the tax may apply per room when the room is shared by a taxable and a nontaxable guest.
- Lodge Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Lodge
- Machu Picchu Lodge Sanctuary
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge
- Sanctuary Lodge
- Sanctuary Lodge Machu Picchu
- Sanctuary Machu Picchu
- Sanctuary Machu Picchu Lodge
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Hotel
- Belmond Sanctuary Lodge Machu Picchu
- Belmond Sanctuary Lodge
- Belmond Sanctuary Machu Picchu
- Belmond Sanctuary
We should mention
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. Guests must transfer via required shuttle to the property. Guests must contact the property at least 72 hours before travel, using the contact information on the confirmation received after booking. Reservations are required for massage services. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. No pets and no service animals are allowed at this property.
Awards & Affiliations
- Belmond Sanctuary Lodge is listed in the 2012 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.