History buffs will enjoy exploring Custer, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful parks. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its monuments, local tours, and shopping.
- There are 72 hotels and other accommodations in Custer
- The closest major airport is in Rapid City, SD (RAP-Rapid City Regional), 33 mi (53.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Custer
Its monuments and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Four Mile Old West Town Museum, Crazy Horse Memorial, and Crazy Horse Memorial. The parks and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Sylvan Lake, Needles Eye, and Custer State Park. Top activities include horseback riding and taking local tours, while Peter Norbeck Visitors Center is one place to visit.
In Custer, there are 72 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Gold Camp Cabins - Amenities at this 2.5-star cabin include free parking and in-room flat-screen TVs. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Custer - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Rocket Motel - This 2-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Custer
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 49°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 15°F
- From April to June, the average is 77°F during the day and 25°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 38°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 63°F as the daytime average and 14°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Custer is 19.61 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 79°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 15°F