Families will find kid-friendly activities in Danville, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its riverfront.
- There are 29 hotels and other accommodations in Danville
- The closest major airport is in Danville, VA (DAN-Danville Regional), 3.1 mi (4.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lynchburg, VA (LYH-Lynchburg Regional), 52.5 mi (84.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Danville
Cultural venues in the city include Danville Science Center, AAF Tank Museum, and Danville Museum of Fine Arts. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and these places to visit: Staunton River State Park, Ballou Park, and Hudson Heritage Farms. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Danville Mall and Virginia International Raceway.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 29 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Danville. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Charles Bass House Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- The Berry Hill Resort & Conference Center - Our customers love the clean rooms and first-rate property condition at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast.
- Holiday Inn Express Danville - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Martinsville Speedway, 25.7 mi/41.3 km from the heart of the city.
Getting Around Danville
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Danville Station. Danville may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Danville
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 27°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 53°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 76°F and nighttime averages of 27°F
- Average annual rainfall for Danville is 44.94 inches
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 28°F