Visiting Daydream Island
Visitors to Daydream Island are sure to enjoy the coral reefs and restaurants. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its relaxing setting. A top sight in the area is Whitehaven Beach.
- There are 217 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Hamilton Island, QLD (HTI-Great Barrier Reef), 11 mi (17.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Proserpine, QLD (PPP-Whitsunday Coast), 23.5 mi (37.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Daydream Island
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Daydream Beach, Daydream Reef, and Molle Islands National Park. Top activities include exploring the coral reef and snorkeling, while Daydream Port is one place to visit. Additionally, you'll find Whitehaven Beach in the area.
Below is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Daydream Island Resort - With a stay at this 3.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and quiet location.
Dressing for Daydream Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 87°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 70°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 65°F as the nighttime average
- Daydream Island gets about 1.89 inches of rain per year
- December and January are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 57°F