Room would have been terrific if it had been clean
Posted Aug 4, 2016 on Orbitz
I'll preface my review by saying I had at one time worked for several years for Hilton Corp and am very familiar with all of their properties so I wasn't concerned about staying here. What a mistake that assumption was. I do want to mention that ALL of the employees were SUPER NICE and helpful. The problem was the room. Even though it was a non-smoking hotel, the minute we got into it I could smell heavy cigarette smoke permeating the curtains, carpet, etc. I knew all of the rooms were going to be that way so didn't bother to move, just bought some Febreeze and a candle and left the windows open when we were out and that helped.
The worst part was housekeeping. The first night we were there, I spilled some crumbs on the floor and they were there for FOUR days. My allergies started acting up and I couldn't figure out why since I was out of the desert and I checked the bedside tables, desk, etc., and there was an inch of dust on everything. The worst part was the bathroom, The floor in the corner by the bathtub had mold and filth that hadn't been cleaned in gosh knows how long. On the last day we were there, I took a shower and forgot to open the drain and the water standing in the tub looked like I had washed six dirty dogs in it! I hurried over to my daughter's house and took another shower!
You're probably wondering why I didn't let management know right away about the crumbs, dust, etc. but I wanted to see how long it took the maid to figure it out..too long!!!
Comment from Hotel Management
by Brad, Hotel Management
Thank you for the comments regarding your stay at our property. It is always our intent to make your stay as comfortable as home while you are away. Rest assured that I will be discussing the housekeeping issues that you have mentioned to our executive housekeeper. Although our product is a little dated and scheduled for a full remodel in November, a room with cleaning issues is never acceptable. Again, I appreciate you bringing it to our attention and we will do everything we can to correct it.