Get an overview of this hotelA premier hotel in Detroit with stunning views of the Detroit River and Canada.
Downtown RiverWalk Location
Located on the riverfront in Detroit's Renaissance Center, this downtown hotel is less than a mile from the COBO Convention Center, with easy access to dining, casinos, and entertainment.
Access to People Mover
The elevated downtown train stops at the complex. This Marriott has 100,000 square feet of meeting space, an onsite restaurant and coffee shop, and 24-hour fitness facilities.
Rooms at this Marriott have wireless and wired high-speed Internet access, 49-inch flat-screen TVs, and city or river views.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance CenterRenaissance Center - 400 Renaissance Drive Detroit MI 48243
The Detroit Marriott is in General Motors' Renaissance Center, a downtown complex that houses businesses, restaurants, bars, retail shops, and a 5-story atrium with river views. The hotel lobby is on the third level, with 70+ floors rising above it. Across the street and accessible by skywalk is the Millender Center, which also has retail shops and various businesses. Both the Renaissance Center and the Millender Center have station stops for Detroit's elevated light rail, the People Mover, which makes a 3-mile loop around the downtown area.
The hotel features Volt, a restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Starbucks is also located in the hotel lobby.
This Marriott has 34 meeting rooms with over 100,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, including an exhibit hall and two ballrooms. All meeting rooms have teleconferencing and videoconferencing capabilities. The hotel also has an in-house audiovisual company.
A 24-hour onsite fitness facility has cardiovascular exercise equipment. Complimentary newspapers are available in the lobby.
This property underwent a $30 million transformation in November 2014, updating the 1,298 guestrooms and reviving the 100,000 square foot event space with new features and cutting edge technology.
- Concierge services
- Fitness facilities
- Conference space
- Business center
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Number of floors - 72
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Free WiFi
- Meeting rooms 34
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 1298
- Conference space size (meters) - 9290
- Number of meeting rooms - 34
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Shopping on site
- Smoke-free property
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (feet) - 100000
- Television in common areas
- Wedding services
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Rollaway/extra beds available
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 12.95 per day ), Wired internet access ( USD 12.95 per day )
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Coffee/tea maker
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Premium bedding
- Daily housekeeping
- Shower/tub combination
- Room service (limited hours)
- Flat-panel TV
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- iPod docking station
Where to Eat
Volt - A restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Nearby Things to Do
Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center has a 24-hour fitness facility with cardiovascular exercise equipment.
There are at least four 18-hole golf courses within 15 miles of the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
To make special requests for accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Only service animals are allowed
- Breakfast fee: between USD 12 and USD 22 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 25 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 35 per day
- Detroit Marriott Renaissance Center
- Marriott Renaissance
- Marriott Renaissance Hotel Detroit Center
- Renaissance Marriott
- Detroit Marriott At The Renaissance Hotel Detroit
- Detroit Renaissance At Center
- Marriott Detroit
- Renaissance Detroit
- Detroit Marriott Renaissance Center Hotel
- Marriott Renaissance Center Hotel
- Marriott Renaissance Center