Visiting Dodge City
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Dodge City, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, casinos, and shopping.
- There are 35 hotels and other accommodations in Dodge City
- The closest major airport is in Dodge City, KS (DDC-Dodge City Regional), 3 mi (4.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Garden City, KS (GCK-Garden City Regional), 40.2 mi (64.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dodge City
Well-known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Boot Hill Museum, Finney County Historical Museum, and Mueller-Schmidt Home of Stone. Families come for attractions such as United Wireless Arena, Lee Richardson Zoo, and Long Branch Lagoon. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Schulman Crossing Shopping Center is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 35 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Dodge City. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Comfort Suites Dodge City - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to public transit.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dodge City - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Best Western North Edge Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Getting Around Dodge City
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Dodge City Station or Garden City Station. Dodge City might not have very many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Dodge City
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 63°F during the day and 20°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 93°F with nighttime averages of 50°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 76°F and nighttime averages of 20°F
- About 21.59 inches of rain falls on Dodge City each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 21°F