Visiting Doi Luang
Those traveling to Doi Luang are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. A top sight in the area is Chiang Saen National Museum.
- There are 73 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Houayxay (HOE), 19.9 mi (32.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chiang Rai (CEI-Chiang Rai Intl.), 23.7 mi (38.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Doi Luang
Chiang Saen National Museum is a notable place to visit in the region. Additionally, you'll find Wat Chedi Luang and Golden Triangle Park in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Doi Luang, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 18 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- A-Star Phulare Valley is 18.1 mi (29.1 km) from central Doi Luang. This 3.5-star resort in Chiang Khong features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and pool.
- Gin's Maekhong View Resort & Spa is located 19.1 mi (30.8 km) from the heart of Doi Luang. Guests who stay at this 4-star resort in Chiang Rai can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and quiet location.
- Silamanee Resort and Spa Hotel is 6.9 mi (11.1 km) from the center of Doi Luang. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Chiang Saen can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping.
Dressing for Doi Luang
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 95°F and the nighttime average to be 54°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 96°F during the day and 66°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 53°F at night
- About 2.36 inches of rain falls on Doi Luang each year
- Hottest months are usually April and March with an average temperature of 94°F, while the coldest months are December and February with an average of 55°F