Visiting Dora Creek
Those traveling to Dora Creek are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. There are 362 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown), 27.3 mi (43.9 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Dora Creek
A favorite place to visit in the city is Lake Macquarie. You'll also find Watagans National Park and Wallarah National Park in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Dora Creek, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 69 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Rydges Newcastle (formerly Crowne Plaza Newcastle) is 19 mi (30.5 km) from the center of Dora Creek. This 4.5-star hotel in Newcastle features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Oaks Waterfront Resort is located 17.9 mi (28.8 km) from the heart of Dora Creek. This 4-star hotel in The Entrance features an outdoor pool, a fitness center, and a spa tub. Our customers like its beach locale and comfortable rooms.
- Ibis Newcastle is 18.5 mi (29.7 km) from central Dora Creek. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Newcastle West can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with an in-room iPod dock. Our customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Dressing for Dora Creek
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 81°F and the nighttime average to be 60°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 75°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 71°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 53°F at night
- About 1.30 inches of rain falls on Dora Creek each year
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 47°F