Families will find kid-friendly activities in Dover, and visitors give high marks for the casinos, shopping, and beaches. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals.
- There are 34 hotels and other accommodations in Dover
- The closest major airport is in Millville, NJ (MIV-Millville Municipal), 28.3 mi (45.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Georgetown, DE (GED-Sussex County), 33.4 mi (53.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dover
The city is well known for its festivals and cultural venues like Biggs Museum of American Art and Delaware State Museums. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Spence's Bazaar is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Old State House and Delaware State Capitol.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 34 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Dover. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Harrington-Dover area, DE - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Comfort Inn & Suites - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Dover Downs Hotel & Casino - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a casino, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Dover
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 60°F and the nighttime average to be 27°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 74°F during the day and 28°F at night
- Dover gets about 46.10 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 28°F