Visiting Downtown St. Petersburg
Travelers to Downtown St. Petersburg give high marks for the entertainment choices, fascinating museums, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its live music, theaters, and bars. Around the area, top sights include Salvador Dali Museum, Museum of Fine Arts, and Tropicana Field.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodations in Downtown St. Petersburg
- The closest major airport is in St. Petersburg, FL (SPG-Albert Whitted), 0.8 mi (1.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in St. Petersburg, FL (PIE-St. Petersburg-Clearwater Intl.), 9.7 mi (15.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Downtown St. Petersburg
Known for its live music, theaters, and museums, the city's cultural venues include Museum of Fine Arts, Palladium Theater, and Morean Arts Center. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are The Coliseum and Jannus Live.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Downtown St. Petersburg. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Watergarden Inn at the Bay - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Hampton Inn & Suites St. Petersburg/Downtown - Our customers like the helpful staff and WiFi at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hyatt Place St. Petersburg / Downtown - This 3-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. Expedia customers like its surrounding nightlife and comfortable, quiet rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Salvador Dali Museum, located 0.8 mi (1.2 km) from the heart of the city, and Tropicana Field, which is 0.7 mi/1.2 km away.
Dressing for Downtown St. Petersburg
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 53°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 63°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 74°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 54°F
- About 50.79 inches of rain falls on Downtown St. Petersburg each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 55°F