Posted Jan 8, 2015
- Great location.
- I arrived early and they were able to check me in at 9 am, and even upgraded my room.
- Staff is friendly.
- Room was spacious and clean.
- There is a nightclub on the top floor (there are maybe 20 floors). It is open every night and doesn't close until 3 AM. Even being on the 5th floor, my room vibrated most of the night and I could hear the music. I didn't sleep all night.
- I asked for a taxi and they ushered me into a hotel taxi and charged me DOUBLE what a regular taxi would. I even asked about this when I got in and they said it would cost the same. The meter wasn't even showing!!! Then when I got to the Dubai Mall, the driver told me AED 80. I asked for a receipt after paying, and it said AED 77. Doesn't seem like a big deal but it's the principle. Like they didn't rip me off already, don't round up! FYI - my ride back cost AED 40.
- Only one outlet in my room worked.
- You have to pay for WiFi.
- Breakfast buffet is so disgusting. Selection is limited, food is cold (even though I showed up less than 30 minutes after they opened), orange juice was watery, coffee was like tar, eggs were mushy, etc.
- My room was too cold and no matter how many times I adjusted the temperature, it wouldn't change (it's a simple up and down arrow so I can't be doing it wrong) so I turned it off and slept hot.