Orange air freshener does not cover up smells
Posted Mar 8, 2014
- My non-smoking room came complete with an ashtray and smoky smell. When I complained upon arrival, the porter (who spoke little English) came with a squirt bottle of orange air freshener and squirted everything, so my room smelled like a smoky orange. That was his solution. It appears the only non-smoking thing about their non-smoking rooms is that there is a non-smoker in it at the moment. Not ideal.
- The hallway often smelled like wee. Then it smelled like orangey wee after the squirt bottle guy came by each day.
- The bed is hard. But not completely uncomfortable. Just the hardest bed I’ve ever slept on. You could see through the threadbare sheets to the blue ticking on the mattress. That's how I knew it was not a plank of wood.
- The toilet leaked.
- They clean the rooms daily (sort of) but don’t try too hard. There was a bit of mould or dirt here and there. Towels not always replaced. dishes left in the sink.
- It’s not close enough to the Metro that you would want to drag your suitcase to and from it. There are few taxis in the area as it’s residential.
- There are two TVs but only 1 working remote. There are 4 channels with English shows, but three of them show the same thing.
The Ramee is not the most horrible place I have stayed in in my entire lifetime, but it is the worst place I have stayed in a long time. It’s cheap and I suppose you get what you pay for. It's not a high quality hotel but it's not unsafe.
I will not be returning