Travelers to Dubai give high marks for the riverfront, shopping, and local tours. This culturally-rich city also attracts tourists with its cafés. Top sights in the city include Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa, and Mall of the Emirates.
- There are 1250 hotels and other accommodations in Dubai
- The closest major airport is in Dubai (DXB-Dubai Intl.), 3.6 mi (5.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Sharjah (SHJ-Sharjah Intl.), 14.2 mi (22.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dubai
Cultural venues in the city include Dubai Museum, The Dubai Heritage Village, and Sheikh Saeed Al Maktoum House. Attractions like Aquaventure and Wild Wadi Water Park are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Burj Khalifa, Grand Mosque, and Jumeirah Mosque.
In Dubai, you'll find 1250 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- One&Only The Palm - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Palm Jumeirah can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a private beach, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Raffles Dubai - Our customers like the convenient parking and room size at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Bur Dubai can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Jumeirah Al Qasr - Madinat Jumeirah - This 5-star hotel features 2 indoor pools, 15 outdoor pools, and a full-service spa. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Dubai include Dubai Mall, Mall of the Emirates, and Ski Dubai. One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Sahara Centre, 4.9 mi/7.8 km from the heart of the city.
Getting Around Dubai
Walk to nearby metro stations like Palm Deira Station, Al Ras Station, and Baniyas Square Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Dubai
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 85°F and the nighttime average to be 57°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 101°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September averages 105°F during the day and 77°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 98°F during the day and 58°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Dubai is 2.36 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 104°F, while the coldest months are February and December with an average of 60°F