Dunkirk Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You can select from more than 38 hotels and other lodging choices in Dunkirk, though there are only 4 inexpensive motels. When you pick one of these cheaper accommodations, there might not be abundant amenities like you'd find at a traditional hotel but you'll save more money to use for your vacation.
Fun fact: In the U.S., motels became more commonplace after World War II with the popularity of car travel and road trip vacations, peaking in the mid-1960s with more than 60,000 properties. With a stay at a motel, you'll usually access your room directly from the parking lot.
Below are a few of Expedia customers' recommended Dunkirk motels to choose from:
- If driving, you'll be within 19 minutes of Chautauqua Institution.
- Enjoy access to the free parking and 24-hour front desk, as well as room amenities like a refrigerator.
- Free breakfast and a conference center are available during your stay, along with room amenities like air conditioning.
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- Stay within a 30-minute drive of Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens and New Era Field.
Holiday Motel Westfield
- You'll be located within 17 minutes of Chautauqua Institution by car.
- Your room amenities include free WiFi.
Things to Do in Dunkirk
In this family-friendly area, you can check out the shops and enjoy the restaurants while you're sightseeing. Those who've visited Dunkirk like the lakeside.
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Point Gratiot Park
- Hanford Bay
- Evangola State Park
Some historical places you might want to see include:
- Lily Dale Spiritual Center
- Dunkirk Lighthouse and Veterans Park Museum
- Graycliff Conservancy
During your trip, here are some other places to visit:
- Lake Erie
- Chadwick Bay
- Fredonia Opera House
Dunkirk is also popular for its:
- University life
- Live music
Best Time to Visit Dunkirk
Decide when you'd like to visit Dunkirk by reviewing these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while February and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 49° F and nighttime temperatures average 19° F
- April-June: 79° F is the daytime average and 31° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 80° F and nighttime averages are around 49° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 66° F during the day and 22° F at night
- Average rainfall is 37.91 inches in a year
How to Get to Dunkirk and Around the Area
|Jamestown, NY (JHW-Chautauqua County)||Airport||23.3 mi (37.4 km)|
|Buffalo, NY (BUF-Buffalo Niagara Intl.)||Airport||43.6 mi (70.1 km)|
|Niagara Falls, NY (IAG-Niagara Falls Intl.)||Airport||46.9 mi (75.5 km)|