Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Dunsmuir, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the waterfalls and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's riverfront, cafés, and breweries.
- You'll find 69 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Mount Shasta
- The closest major airport is in Redding, CA (RDD-Redding Municipal), 48.7 mi (78.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Dunsmuir
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the waterfalls and such places to visit as Tauhindauli Park and Hedge Creek Falls. You'll also find Mossbrae Falls and Castle Crags State Park in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Dunsmuir. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Travelodge by Wyndham Dunsmuir - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Dunsmuir Inn and Suites - Our customers like the walkable location and clean, comfortable rooms at this motel. This 2.5-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk.
- Cedar Lodge Motel - Amenities at this 2.5-star motel include free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and quiet location.
Getting Around Dunsmuir
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Dunsmuir Station. Dunsmuir might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Dunsmuir
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 58°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 40°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 73°F and nighttime averages of 26°F
- Dunsmuir gets about 43.15 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 26°F