Get an overview of this hotel4-star family-friendly hotel, walk to Durham Castle
Popular property highlights
This family-friendly Durham hotel is located in the historical district, within a 10-minute walk of Durham Indoor Market, Durham Castle, and Durham Cathedral. Durham University is 0.9 mi (1.5 km) away.
Along with a restaurant, this hotel has an indoor pool and 2 bars/lounges. Additionally, a fitness center, a coffee shop/café, and a spa tub are onsite.
All 150 rooms feature modern comforts like Smart TVs with cable channels, WiFi, and Netflix. Guests will also find 24-hour room service, coffee makers, and down comforters.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County
In addition to an indoor pool, Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County provides a spa tub, a sauna, and a fitness center. Dining options at the hotel include a restaurant and a coffee shop/café. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of hotel's 2 bars/lounges. A computer station is located on site and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge.
Event facilities measuring 3488 square feet (324 square meters) include a conference center. This Victorian hotel also offers a terrace, multilingual staff, and a garden. Parking is available onsite for a surcharge.
Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County has designated areas for smoking.
- Express check-in
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Fitness facilities
- Indoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Meeting rooms 5
- Year Built 1700
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Steam room
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Conference space size (meters) - 324
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Conference space size (feet) - 3488
- Conference center
- Designated smoking areas
- Laundry facilities
- Spa tub
- Total number of rooms - 150
- Number of floors - 3
- Wedding services
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Multilingual staff
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( GBP 10.00 per day )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( GBP 15 per day )
Self parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Coffee/tea maker
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Cable TV service
- Smart TV
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Down comforter
Where to Eat
Full breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning.
Market Kitchen - This restaurant specializes in local cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available. Reservations are required. Open select days.
Starbucks Coffee Shop - This coffee shop serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and light fare. Open daily.
1815 Bar - This bar specializes in local cuisine and serves lunch, dinner, and light fare. Guests can enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). Open daily.
Champagne Terrace - This Champagne bar serves lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). Open daily.
24-hour room service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
An indoor pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a sauna and a fitness center.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for GBP 15.00 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Fee for full breakfast: GBP 16.50 for adults and GBP 8.00 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: GBP 10.00 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: GBP 15 per day (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: GBP 7.00 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 15.00 per night
- Durham County Marriott Hotel
- Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County
- Durham Marriott Royal County
- Marriott Hotel Royal County
- Marriott Royal County
We should mention
Up to 2 children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.