An o.k place, fit for 1-2 days of stay at most
Posted Nov 3, 2013
Overall the place is an "o.k" place, do not expect a hotel like rooms or anything. (am surprised it is a 3-star..)
We chose this hotel after seeing so many good reviews about it and decided to book it for 6 nights as base of our trip in Belgium.
1. 15 minutes drive to Brugge
2. next to a really cheap gas station (20 euro cent cheaper than anywhere else I passed)
3. really nice owner, really tries to help with everything on the spot
1. Walls are paper thin, unfortunately for me (am a light sleeper), I had a guest next door that was snoring and it felt as though he was sleeping next to me. also, any guest that was moving around the hallway or even in rooms across our own could be heard really loud.
2. Middle of nowhere, places around the hotel are open until 18:00 at most, after that you will have to drive to the next closet city (brugge) for late dinner / night life
3. The hotel does not offer lunch / dinner, so take this into consideration since you can find yourself coming back to the hotel hungry and having to drive 20 minutes to the closest open restaurant.
4. (Our) beds were bad, had springs stuck in my back in different location across the bed
5. Might sound strange, but the we wished that the coffee during breakfast was hot, the owner boils up coffee when the first people arrive at breakfast, and keep it on the table until the end of breakfast.. so if you arrive late, coffee will be cold..