Visiting East Los Angeles
Visitors can enjoy all that East Los Angeles has to offer including the football games, shopping, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art and churches. Top sights around the area include Citadel Outlets, Hollywood Walk of Fame, and Dolby Theater.
- There are 2641 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Hawthorne, CA (HHR-Hawthorne Municipal), 12.6 mi (20.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Long Beach, CA (LGB-Long Beach Municipal), 14.3 mi (23 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in East Los Angeles
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Citadel Outlets, Hollywood Walk of Fame, and Dolby Theater. In the area, you'll also find TCL Chinese Theatre and Hollywood Bowl.
As you start planning your visit to East Los Angeles, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 550 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel is 19.5 mi (31.3 km) from the center of East Los Angeles. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Anaheim can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and bar.
- Hilton Los Angeles Airport is located 14.1 mi (22.7 km) from the heart of East Los Angeles. This 4-star hotel in Los Angeles features 3 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and comfortable rooms.
- Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport is 14.8 mi (23.8 km) from central East Los Angeles. This 4-star hotel in Los Angeles features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and room size.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Hollywood Sign, located 12.2 mi (19.6 km) from the city center, and Warner Brothers Studio, which is 13.5 mi/21.8 km away.
Dressing for East Los Angeles
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 44°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 51°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 60°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 82°F and nighttime averages of 44°F
- About 17.24 inches of rain falls on East Los Angeles each year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 45°F