Visiting East Point
Families will find kid-friendly activities in East Point, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its live music, cafés, and aquarium. Around the area, top sights include Zoo Atlanta, Centennial Olympic Park, and State Farm Arena.
- You'll find 838 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Atlanta
- The closest major airport is in Atlanta, GA (ATL-Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl.), 2.5 mi (4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Atlanta, GA (FTY-Fulton County), 7.8 mi (12.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in East Point
The city's natural beauty is on display at Sykes Park, Connally Nature Park, and Brookdale Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Camp Creek Marketplace is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Point University and East Point Historic Civic Block.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in East Point. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Staybridge Suites Atlanta Airport - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Drury Inn & Suites Airport - Atlanta, GA - Our customers like the proximity to the airport and quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Homewood Suites Atlanta Airport North - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
Top places to visit outside the city include Zoo Atlanta, located 6.7 mi (10.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Centennial Olympic Park, which is 7.2 mi/11.6 km away.
Getting Around East Point
Head over to East Point Station for metro transit. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.
Dressing for East Point
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 69°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 34°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 34°F as the nighttime average
- East Point gets about 49.72 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F