Visitors can enjoy all that Edam has to offer including the sporting events, churches, and live music. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its monuments. Nes, Zaanse Schans, and Nemo Science Museum are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1029 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Amsterdam
- The closest major airport is in Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol), 18.9 mi (30.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Edam
Notable city landmarks like Edams Grote Kerk and Speeltoren might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Damplein and Edams Museum.
This is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel en Restaurant de Fortuna - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Nes, 12.1 mi/19.5 km from the city center, and Zaanse Schans, which is 10.5 mi/16.9 km away.
Dressing for Edam
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 49°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 66°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 69°F with nighttime averages of 52°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 59°F and nighttime averages of 34°F
- About 76.57 inches of rain falls on Edam each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 67°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 34°F