place in the sticks
Posted Jul 25, 2016
You need to hire a car, you can get a takeaway but there are rules, not accommodating, inhospitable, unhygienic place to stay in a manse not a hotel. Due to experience on arrival I was offered a cup of tea, but it had no hot water in the teapot, plus I heard the owner hoovering the one room to get it ready upstairs,also the place smells very old. Basically what you see on the internet Isnt as expected. I decided to move location. I recommend the travelodge in Livingston as you have everything there. The travelodge is in walking distance to the Livingston outlet centre and there is plenty to do e.g five sisters zoo and easy access of transport to Edinburgh. The high field house is remote and the owners didn't give any advise on anything. If you have any allergies e.g dust mites, pollen etc... Do not stay at this manse as I suffered with my allergies. Thank you for reading my review.