Get an overview of this hotelVictorian Edinburgh hotel on Princes Street
Popular property highlights
In city center
Historic Edinburgh hotel located in the city center on Princes Street, near shops, bars and restaurants, beside Waverley train station and Airport Buslink Terminus, and 10 minutes walk to the Royal Mile.
Restaurant and bar
The Twenty Princes Street restaurant serves international dishes and affords castle views, while an onsite bar offers drinks.
The Royal British Hotel's 60 guestrooms have modern decor with patterned fabrics, and include complimentary wireless Internet access, digital television, coffee and tea makers, and desks.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window
Hotel Indigo Edinburgh - Princes Street
The Royal British Hotel is housed in a traditional city-center property with ornate stone façade, and is located on Princes Street, Edinburgh's main shopping thoroughfare. Guests can round off the day with a drink in the bar. Further amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, dry cleaning facilities, concierge services, tour assistance, safe-deposit box at the front desk, and room service. Those with cars will find discounted parking available at the Greenside Car Park, 328 yards (300 meters) from the hotel.
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- 24-hour front desk
- Year Built 1820
- Total number of rooms - 60
- Number of floors - 5
- Free WiFi
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- Daily housekeeping
- Shower only
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Digital TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Private bathroom
- Room service (limited hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
A full hot Scottish breakfast breakfast is available for a surcharge.
Twenty Princes Street - Bright, modern restaurant serving the Finest Local Ingredients, the menu has been specially designed to reflect the wealth of food available within Scotland. Views of Edinburgh Castle. Open for lunch and dinner. The dress code for the restaurant is Smart but Casual.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- No onsite parking is available.
- Fee for full breakfast: GBP 12.50 per person (approximately)
- British Royal Hotel
- Hotel Indigo Edinburgh - Princes Street Scotland
- Royal British
- Hotel Indigo Edinburgh Princes Street
- Royal British Hotel Edinburgh
- Royal British Princes Street Hotel Edinburgh
- Royal British Princes Street Hotel
- Royal British Princes Street Edinburgh
- Hotel Indigo Princes Street
- Indigo Edinburgh Princes Street
- Indigo Princes Street
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.