Get an overview of this hotelLuxury Edinburgh hotel in New Town, near Princes Street Gardens
Popular property highlights
Located in New Town, this luxury hotel is within a 15-minute walk of Charlotte Square and Royal Botanic Garden. Princes Street Gardens and Edinburgh Castle are also within 1 mi (2 km).
Along with a restaurant, this smoke-free hotel has a bar/lounge and 24-hour room service. Free full breakfast and free WiFi in public areas are also provided. Additionally, concierge services, dry cleaning, and laundry facilities are onsite.
All 28 individually decorated rooms feature free WiFi and Select Comfort beds. Guests can enjoy deep soaking tubs, and other standard amenities include iPod docks, 24-hour room service, and flat-screen TVs.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The hotel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast. Wireless Internet access is complimentary.
This Georgian hotel also offers tour/ticket assistance, multilingual staff, and a garden.
Nira Caledonia is a smoke-free property.
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 28
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Free breakfast
- Concierge services
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Luggage storage
- Number of floors - 3
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1817
- Wedding services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Laundry facilities
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- iPod docking station
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Free local calls
- Free bottled water
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Deep soaking bathtub
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- In-room safe
- Premium bedding
- Electric kettle
- Flat-panel TV
- Free newspaper
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Room service (24 hours)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- Sleep Number by Select Comfort mattress
- Espresso maker
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Free WiFi
Where to Eat
Guests are offered a complimentary full breakfast.
Blackwoods Bar & Grill - This restaurant specializes in regional cuisine and serves breakfast, dinner, and light fare. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Reservations are required. Open daily.
Late night fare is available from 24-hour room service.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 9 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for GBP 60.0 per day.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Christmas Eve (24 December) Gala Dinner per adult: GBP 74.00
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per adult: GBP 69.00
- Late check-out fee: GBP 15
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 60.0 per day
- Caledonia Nira
- Nira Caledonia
- Nira Caledonia Edinburgh
- Nira Caledonia Hotel
- Nira Caledonia Hotel Edinburgh
- Nira Caledonia Edinburgh, Scotland
- Number 10 Hotel Edinburgh
- Number Ten Edinburgh
We should mention
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. Up to 2 children 9 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World.
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitScotland, the National Tourist Board for Scotland.