Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelBetween George and Princes streets in the city center
Popular property highlights
On Charlotte Square
This central Edinburgh hotel overlooks the gardens of Charlotte Square, and is a 15-minute walk from Haymarket and Waverley stations, and a 20-minute drive from Edinburgh Airport. Princes Street Gardens and Edinburgh Castle are nearby.
Guests enjoy complimentary access to The Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square's fitness facilities. Classes are available for a surcharge; advanced bookings are required.
The 199 air-conditioned guestrooms include Smart TVs, coffee/tea makers, hair dryers, free WiFi, and telephones with voice mail. Many rooms have views of Edinburgh Castle and Charlotte Square.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
The Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square
Centrally located on Edinburgh’s famous Charlotte Square, the iconic The Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square is at the very heart of the beautiful New Town. Getting to the hotel is simple: direct bus links connect the hotel to Edinburgh airport and both Waverley and Haymarket railways stations are within a 10-minute walk. The hotel concierge team is available to assist guests on arrival and help them make the most of their stay with extensive knowledge of Edinburgh's local tourist attractions, superb shopping, and exciting nightlife.
The Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square offers guests warmth, hospitality, and luxury in the heart of Edinburgh. Guests can relax in luxurious guestrooms and enjoy complimentary access to WiFi.
Many of the 199 bedrooms have been individually redesigned to complement the Georgian architecture and include spacious Deluxe Bedrooms, stunning Suites, and Superior bedrooms with leafy views over Charlotte Square or magnificent Edinburgh Castle.
This is a smoke-free property.
- Express check-in
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Meeting rooms 9
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Coffee shop or café
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free wired Internet
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Concierge services
- Total number of rooms - 199
- Number of floors - 5
- Number of buildings/towers - 3
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Shower only
- Satellite TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Smart TV
- Free bottled water
- Free WiFi
- In-room massage available
- Free toiletries
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Blackout drapes/curtains
Where to Eat
BABA - A charcoal grill is the centerpiece of this open kitchen where Scottish lamb, beef, and seafood are prepared Levantine-style. Reservations are recommended.
The Garden - Breakfast is served to 10 AM (10:30 AM on weekends and bank holidays) in this light filled room. Salads and sandwiches are available throughout the day, along with a drink menu.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for GBP 30.00 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of GBP 30.00 per pet, per night
- Dogs only
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 16 years old.
- Fee for full breakfast: GBP 15.95 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: GBP 25.00 per night
- Valet parking fee: GBP 25.00 per night
- Pet fee: GBP 30.00 per pet, per night
- Late check-out fee: GBP 20.00
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 30.00 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Crowne Plaza Edinburgh
- Crowne Plaza Edinburgh Roxburghe
- Crowne Plaza Roxburghe
- Crowne Plaza Roxburghe Edinburgh
- Crowne Plaza Roxburghe Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Roxburghe Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Crowne Plaza
- Roxburghe Crowne Plaza
- Roxburghe Crowne Plaza Edinburgh
- Roxburghe Edinburgh Crowne Plaza
- Roxburghe Hotel Edinburgh
- Roxburghe Hotel
- Roxburghe Edinburgh
- Hotel Macdonald Roxburghe
- The Roxburghe Hotel Edinburgh Scotland
- Macdonald Roxburghe Edinburgh
- Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square Hotel
- Principal Charlotte Square Hotel
- Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square
- Principal Charlotte Square
- The Roxburghe Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Edinburgh The Roxburghe
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitScotland, the National Tourist Board for Scotland.