Get an overview of this hotelStately Edinburgh Georgian hotel on George Street
Popular property highlights
Near art gallery
Located amid the shops and restaurants of Edinburgh's fashionable George Street, this hotel is a block from Princes Street and a quarter-mile from the National Gallery.
At The Principal Edinburgh George Street, interior architects have created a sense of restored grandeur by means of simple detailing and the use of rich materials. Printing Press has quickly become a destination restaurant in Edinburgh.
The 240 guestrooms of The Principal Edinburgh George Street offer digital television with premium channels, free WiFi, direct-dial phones with voice mail, hair dryers, and writing desks.
- Good location
- Helpful staff
- Clean guestrooms
The Principal Edinburgh George Street
This centrally located Edinburgh hotel is near the shops and restaurants of Edinburgh's fashionable George Street. A block from Princes Street and a quarter-mile from the National Gallery, The Principal Edinburgh George Street is within easy access to the train station, airport, and a convention center. Guests will enjoy the close proximity to museums, art galleries, and Scottish monuments.
The Principal Edinburgh George Street offers guests with many services and amenities, ensuring a comfortable stay. Amenities include banquet and exhibit facilities, wedding services, currency exchange, free WiFi, laundry facilities, and multilingual staff who can provide tour information and ticket assistance.
Business facilities include 9 meeting rooms with audiovisual equipment available, catering, and a business center. Parking is available nearby, at a discounted rate.
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Business center
- Total number of rooms - 240
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 7
- Laundry facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Coffee shop or café
- Concierge services
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Express check-in
- Luggage storage
- Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Year Built 1775
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Premium TV channels
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Daily housekeeping
- Iron/ironing board
- Digital TV service
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- In-room safe
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
Printing Press Bar & Kitchen - serves seasonal, Scottish produce throughout the day and night..
Burr & Co - offers coffees, cakes, pastries and sandwiches 7 days a week.
Room service is available 24 hours a day.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for GBP 30.00 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of GBP Â£40 per pet, per night
- 2 per room
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available.
Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
No cribs (infant beds) available
The name of this property was previously The George.
- Deposit: GBP 50 per night
- Fee for full breakfast: GBP 15.95 per person (approximately)
- Pet fee: GBP Â£40 per pet, per night
- Early check-in fee: GBP 10
- Late check-out fee: GBP 10
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 30.00 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- George Edinburgh
- Principal Edinburgh George Street Hotel
- George Hotel Edinburgh
- Principal George Street Hotel
- Principal Edinburgh George Street
- Principal George Street
- The George Hotel
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.