Get an overview of this hotelHistoric Edmonton hotel near theatre, pubs, eateries
On the North Saskatchewan River and a landmark in the city since 1915, this Edmonton hotel offer spectacular river valley views, 1 block from the Shaw Conference Centre and 2 blocks from the Art District and City Hall. Rogers Arena is also within a 10-minute walk in the Ice District.
Pool, fitness center
Reminiscent of a 16th-century French chateau, Macdonald Health Club offers a complimentary fitness center with indoor pool, squash court, kids' pool, whirlpool, steam room, and sauna.
The 198 guestrooms at The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald provide either cityscape or river valley views and offer high ceilings, pillowtop mattresses, iPod® docking stations, marble bathrooms, and minibars. Wired and wireless Internet are available (surcharge). The newly renovated Fairmont Gold rooms offer access the Gold Lounge.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Fairmont Hotel Macdonald
The 24-hour business center offers 2 computers with printers and high-speed Internet access, fax machine, and photocopier (surcharge for all). Complimentary coffee, tea, and magazines are provided. Wireless and wired Internet access is available in the lobby, lounge, and meeting rooms (surcharge). Approximately 12,000 square feet (1,115 square meters) of flexible meeting space is available; the Wedgwood Room, with its china-patterned ceiling, is a favorite for weddings. The hotel's fine-dining restaurant and lounge are decorated with antiques and museum-quality art.
One block from Shaw Conference Centre and two blocks from the Citadel Theatre and Edmonton City Centre Mall, Fairmont Hotel Macdonald has gardens, fountains, and a gazebo; one of Canada's largest urban parklands is steps away.
The fitness centre (complimentary to guests) contains a 40 foot (12 meter) indoor saline pool, children's wading pool, spa tub, sauna, steam room, cardio- and strength-training equipment, and women's and men's locker rooms with showers. Therapeutic massage services, cranio-sacral therapy, Reiki, foot reflexology, and paraffin treatments also are available (surcharge).
Enjoy an after-work treat in The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald’s Confederation Lounge, featuring an outdoor patio and seasonal BBQ services, or indulge in a fine-dining experience in The Harvest Room, on the main floor of the hotel. For a pleasant and relaxed diner, take advantage of the hotel’s 24-hour in Room Dining for the ultimate experience in comfort and convenience.
- Indoor pool
- Children's pool
- Spa tub
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Steam room
- Health club
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Business center
- Conference space
- Total number of rooms - 198
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Express check-out
- Express check-in
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Babysitting or childcare
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Number of floors - 8
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Computer station
- Airport transportation
- Meeting rooms 8
- Luggage storage
- Conference space size (meters) - 1115
- Year Built 1915
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Conference space size (feet) - 12000
- Self parking (surcharge)
- RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Spa services on site
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( CAD 14.95 per night ), Wired internet access ( CAD 14.95 per night )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( CAD 14.95 per night ), Wired high-speed internet ( CAD 14.95 per night )
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Pillowtop mattress
- Electric kettle
- Digital TV service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- iPod docking station
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (free)
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
The Harvest Room - Fine-dining restaurant located on the main floor of the hotel. Open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner; breakfast buffet served daily from 6:30 AM until 11 AM Monday through Friday, and from 7 AM until noon on weekends and holidays. A la carte breakfast also available.
The Confederation Lounge - Lounge equipped with outdoor patio and BBQ services (seasonal). Open daily from late morning to late evening; lunch, dinner, and appetizer menu.
24-hour in-room dining - For the ultimate experience in comfort and convenience. Children's menu available.
Nearby Things to Do
Enjoy a range of recreational amenities, including a visit to the Fairmont Hotel Macdonald fitness center and massage therapy rooms complete with separate cardio and weight training rooms, an indoor swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna, steam room, squash court and massage therapy services.
Additional features include babysitting/childcare, Smudge a yellow-lab canine ambassador welcoming guests in the lobby, and gift shops/newsstands.
- Golfing nearby
- Cross-country skiing nearby
- Snowshoeing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Hot stone massage
- Prenatal massage
- Steam room in spa
- Sports massage
- Number of treatment rooms 3
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Free rollaway/extra beds!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of CAD 25 per pet, per day
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Breakfast fee: between CAD 15 and CAD 35 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CAD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): CAD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: CAD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: CAD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: CAD 35.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 45.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CAD 25 per pet, per day
- Fairmont Hotel Macdonald
- Fairmont Hotel Macdonald Edmonton
- Fairmont Macdonald
- Fairmont Macdonald Edmonton
- Edmonton Fairmont
- Fairmont Edmonton
- Fairmont Hotel Edmonton
- The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald Edmonton, Alberta
- The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald Edmonton Alberta
- The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Set meals are served in guestrooms only (no menus or public dining).