Posted Oct 17, 2016
I like this hotel very much. Obviously, it is away from the city center. The taxi ride (one way) to city center is around 6 to 7 US dollars. You choose this hotel really for the view. It seems every room faces Lake Lago. There is nothing to do in the city center except dining. When I was there, the restaurant in this hotel didn’t seem to function. Nobody was eating there and the staff never mentioned we could eat at the hotel restaurant. So, if you stay here, you will always have to take taxi to city center to eat. If you are willing to do that for the view, you should enjoy staying this hotel very much.
I chose the view over the convenience of living near the city center. For me, I think it’s worth it. You don’t see that peaceful gorgeous view everyday.
1. Really nice view. I could see it from my room. From the hotel lobby, the view looks even better because of the big tall window.
2. The breakfast area also faces the view. Every morning I stared at the view eating breakfast. It’s sublime. Breakfast lady was very nice and hard working. She always rearranged things pretty and made the buffet table look neat and clean right after things were displaced by guests.
3. Staff at the front desk spoke English well and were always very helpful.
4. Clean room, comfortable bed and big bath tub.
5. The decor of this hotel is tasteful. It’s like someone’s big vacation home.
6. Hot tub faces Lake Lago. Using the hot tub and staring at Lake Lago is very relaxing.