Families will find kid-friendly activities in Emporia, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, parks, and shopping. In Emporia, there are 15 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Emporia
The picturesque setting of Meherrin River Park and Veteran's Memorial Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Village View Mansion House and Good Earth Peanut Company.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Emporia. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn by Hilton Emporia - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Hampton Inn I-95 Stony Creek - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Emporia - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Lake Gaston, 25.5 mi/41.1 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Emporia
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 66°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 27°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 28°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Emporia is 44.61 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 29°F