Families will find kid-friendly activities in Evansville, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, casinos, and entertainment choices.
- There are 41 hotels and other accommodations in Evansville
- The closest major airport is in Evansville, IN (EVV-Evansville Regional), 5 mi (8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Owensboro, KY (OWB-Owensboro-Daviess County Regional), 27.3 mi (43.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Evansville
Well known for its live music, festivals, and theaters, the city's cultural venues include Koch Family Children's Museum of Evansville and Mesker Amphitheater. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Eastland Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ford Center and University of Evansville.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 41 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Evansville. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Evansville - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn Evansville/Airport - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Courtyard by Marriott Evansville East - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and quiet location.
Dressing for Evansville
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 24°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 25°F
- Average annual rainfall for Evansville is 45.39 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 26°F