Visitors to Fairfield are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting, coffeehouses, and jazz scene.
- You'll find 26 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Ottumwa
- The closest major airport is in Burlington, IA (BRL-Southeast Iowa Regional), 46.9 mi (75.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Fairfield
A favorite place to visit in the city is Fairfield Arts & Convention Center. You'll also find Jefferson County Park and American Gothic House in the area.
Here's a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- AmericInn by Wyndham Fairfield - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Fairfield
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 59°F and the nighttime average to be 15°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 16°F at night
- About 38.07 inches of rain falls on Fairfield each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 18°F