Visitors to Fairfield are sure to enjoy the beaches, university setting, and restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights in the area include Yale Bowl and East Rock Park.
- You'll find 124 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of New Haven
- The closest major airport is in Bridgeport, CT (BDR-Igor I. Sikorsky Memorial), 7.3 mi (11.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Danbury, CT (DXR-Danbury Municipal), 17.4 mi (28.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fairfield
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Jennings Beach and Penfield Beach. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include Fairfield University and Sacred Heart University. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bellarmine Museum of Art and Regina A. Quick Center for the Arts.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Fairfield. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Inn at Fairfield Beach - This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hotel Hi-Ho, a Self-Service Property - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this motel. This 3-star motel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- The Circle Hotel Fairfield - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and proximity to shopping.
Dressing for Fairfield
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 23°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 24°F as the nighttime average
- About 42.80 inches of rain falls on Fairfield each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 24°F