Visiting Fairy Meadow
Visitors to Fairy Meadow are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses and spas.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in Fairy Meadow
- The closest major airport is in Wollongong, NSW (WOL-Illawarra Regional), 12.9 mi (20.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.), 35.3 mi (56.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fairy Meadow
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and North Wollongong Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Fairy Meadow Beach Park and Wollongong Science Centre and Planetarium.
This is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Wollongong Surf Leisure Resort - This 3.5-star resort features an indoor pool, free parking, and 2 spa tubs. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and proximity to shopping.
Getting Around Fairy Meadow
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Fairy Meadow Station. Fairy Meadow may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Fairy Meadow
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 60°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 73°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 68°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 53°F
- Fairy Meadow gets about 46.77 inches of rain per year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 47°F