Visitors to Fanling are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. Top sights around the area include Mong Kok Computer Centre, Ladies' Market, and Sky 100.
- There are 681 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Hong Kong (HKG-Hong Kong Intl.), 17.7 mi (28.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Shenzhen (SZX-Shenzhen Intl.), 23.4 mi (37.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fanling
A favorite place to visit in the city is Mapopo Community Farm. Additionally, in the area you'll find Mong Kok Computer Centre and Ladies' Market.
As you make plans for a getaway to Fanling, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 22 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Island Shangri-La is located 14.6 mi (23.6 km) from the heart of Fanling. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Hong Kong can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 8 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Royal Plaza Hotel is 11.5 mi (18.4 km) from central Fanling. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Kowloon can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to the airport and overall condition.
- Hotel VIC on the Harbour is 14 mi (22.5 km) from the center of Fanling. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Hong Kong can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and a 24-hour health club, along with a free stocked minibar. Our customers like its bar and pool.
Top places to visit around the area include Sky 100, located 12.8 mi (20.6 km) from the city center, and International Commerce Centre, which is 12.8 mi (20.6 km) away.
Getting Around Fanling
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Hong Kong Fanling Station. Fanling might not have very many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Fanling
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 75°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 54°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 86°F as the daytime average and 53°F as the nighttime average
- Fanling gets about 48.43 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 55°F