Would not stay at this location again!
Posted Dec 25, 2016
1) No hot water. I informed front desk about this, who informed me the hotel had no hot water since that morning. I told them that Darnell (the staff who handled my check in) did not inform me there was no hot water. I requested my money back, and said I will be contacting the corporate office. Front desk said she would leave a note with the manager.
2) When I went to breakfast, I saw a TIP JAR on the breakfast counter. I was disappointed by seeing this, considering I did not have running hot water. I also have NEVER been to a hotel where staff are allowed to solicit tips.
3) Housekeeping was knocking on the doors and it was approximately 9:45am. Check out wasn't until 11am.
4) I saw a roach on the bathroom floor.
5) During check out, the staff (who I later found out to be the manager) did not make ANY mention of my complaint regarding the (lack of) hot water.
6) I called Choice Hotels customer service line, and informed them of my disappointing experience. Later, the manager of the hotel called me and informed me I would not have my monies refunded, due to the following:
- according to "their" information, I was informed at check in that there was no not water, but I proceeded with check in
anyway (which is a complete lie)
- The housekeeper was knocking on the door next to my room (which doesn't justify why they were knocking on doors
- They have had no "prior" reports of pests (so I'm lying).