Visitors can enjoy all that Fehmarn has to offer including the museums, monuments, and aquarium. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfront, golf courses, and parks.
- There are 158 hotels and other accommodations in Fehmarn
- The closest major airport is in Luebeck (LBC), 49 mi (78.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Fehmarn
Cultural venues in the city include Galileo Wissenswelt, Schmetterlingspark Fehmarn, and Model Railroad Museum. Attractions like Fehmarn Aquarium and FehMare Pool Complex are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like St. Nicholas Church, St. Johanniskirche, and Niobe Monument.
In Fehmarn, you'll find 158 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Strandhotel Bene - This 4-star hotel features a marina, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- Hotel Doppeleiche - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Ostholstein can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Schützenhof Fehmarn - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Ostholstein can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Getting Around Fehmarn
If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Fehmarn-Burg Station, Fehmarn Puttgarden Ferry Station, or Fehmarn Puttgarden Station. Fehmarn might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Fehmarn
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 30°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 72°F, while the average at night is 36°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 74°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 58°F and nighttime averages of 31°F
- Fehmarn gets about 0.94 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 71°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 30°F