Visiting Ferny Creek
Visitors to Ferny Creek are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. Top sights around the area include Dandenong Ranges National Park, Puffing Billy Steam Train, and Doncaster Shopping Centre.
- You'll find 1543 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 26 mi (41.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine), 30.1 mi (48.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ferny Creek
Dandenong Ranges National Park, Puffing Billy Steam Train, and Doncaster Shopping Centre are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Chadstone Shopping Mall and Caulfield Racecourse.
As you make plans for a getaway to Ferny Creek, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 137 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Mountain Element Retreats is located in central Ferny Creek. This 4-star apartment in Ferny Creek features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Adara Richmond is 0.3 mi (0.5 km) from the center of Ferny Creek. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star apartment in Richmond can enjoy access to a fitness center and parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Yarra Valley Lodge is located 18.9 mi (30.5 km) from the heart of Ferny Creek. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Chirnside Park can enjoy access to a golf course and free breakfast, along with a private patio. Our customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Dressing for Ferny Creek
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 50°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Ferny Creek is 0.47 inches
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F