Get an overview of this hotelRomantic charm across from Strozzi Palace
Near Via Tornabuoni
This 19th-century hotel is a block from the designer shops of Via Tornabuoni, two blocks from Il Duomo, and four blocks from Santa Maria Novella Church and the Uffizi gallery.
The hotel has a small library of books available in English, Italian, French, and German, as well as a restaurant serving fine Italian cuisine under a stained-glass roof.
Each room unique
The 67 lavish guestrooms are individually decorated with silk wall coverings and antique-reproduction furnishings. Carrara-marble bathrooms have scales and hair dryers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Helvetia & Bristol Firenze – Starhotels Collezione
Originally built for 19th-century aristocrats, this 5-story hotel is set 200 meters from the Duomo, across from Palazzo Strozzi. It is also one block from Via Tornabuoni, one of Florence's most famous shopping streets. Guests have included artists and authors such as Giorgio De Chirico, Igor Stravinsky, and Luigi Pirandello.
The hotel's restaurant features a stained-glass roof and winter garden. 24-hour room service is available as well.
A small library features books available in English, Italian, French, and German. There is also a discreetly hidden video-library. The hotel offers concierge service, 24-hour room service, and secretarial services. Three meeting rooms are available.
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Conference space
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Total number of rooms - 67
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 6
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Babysitting or childcare
- Fireplace in lobby
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Coffee shop or café
- Free WiFi
- Computer station
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Laundry facilities
- Concierge services
- Business center
- Meeting rooms 3
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Snack bar/deli
- Conference space size (meters) - 85
- Number of meeting rooms - 2
- Year Built 1894
- Conference space size (feet) - 915
- Shopping on site
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium bedding
- Room service (24 hours)
- Air conditioning
- Soundproofed rooms
- Free newspaper
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Satellite TV service
- Free WiFi
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
Where to Eat
Hostaria Bibendum - Lunch and dinner are served at this authentic Tuscan venue. A glamorous patio-lounge overlooks the grand Piazza Strozzi, while the indoor dining room echoes the elegance of the hotel.
Bar Bibendum - A relaxed and convivial atmosphere provides a casual meeting place and welcome respite after a day of exploring Florence.
Start your morning with a buffet breakfast, available each day from 7 AM to 10:30 AM for a surcharge. You can order up room service around the clock.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
Check-in time ends at 1 AM
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
No rollaway/extra beds available
No cribs (infant beds) available
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 5 per person, per night, up to 7 nights. This tax does not apply to children under 12 years of age.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 26.00 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: EUR 50 per day
- Helvetia Bristol Firenze Starhotels Collezione Hotel Florence
- Helvetia Bristol Firenze Starhotels Collezione Hotel
- Helvetia Bristol Firenze Starhotels Collezione Florence
- Helvetia Bristol Hotel Florence
- Helvetia Bristol Firenze Starhotels Collezione
- Helvetia Bristol Firenze – Starhotels Collezione
We should mention
All guests, including children, must be present at check-in and show their government-issued photo ID card or passport. Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 2999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.