Get an overview of this hotelHotel in Florence's Duomo neighborhood near Cathedral of Santa Maria dei Fiori
Popular property highlights
Near San Lorenzo
Formed partly from a medieval church, this hotel is one block from Cathedral of Saint Maria dei Fiori and 3 blocks from the Bargello, San Lorenzo Church, and the shops of Via Tornabuoni.
The hotel's basement houses a museum with antique ceramics, crockery, and original Roman baths; the first floor features 1920s Tiffany-style stained-glass windows.
Courtyard, city view
The 96 guestrooms feature courtyard or city views. Rooms include LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, minibars, desks, and climate control.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Hotel Brunelleschi comprises 2 connected historic buildings and a medieval church that have been completely restored, while preserving their architectural characteristics. The hotel houses a small museum in the basement of ancient Pagliazza Tower, around which it is built. Here, displays of ceramics and crockery date from Roman times to post-Renaissance. A majority of the works was discovered in the ancient well at the tower's base. One of the rooms leads to the foundations of the tower, where original Roman brickwork can be seen, as well as an original Roman floor. Another room leads to original Roman baths.
The first floor of the hotel doubles as a lounge and event space. Decorated in a 1920s style with original stained-glass windows, the area showcases designs from the Royal Palace of Bangkok, created by designer Galileo Chini. Additional private meeting rooms are available for hire. Other amenities include concierge services, dry cleaning services, and valet parking (surcharge). Free WiFi is available throughout the property.
- Express check-in
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms 2
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Luggage storage
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 96
- Number of floors - 5
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Soundproofed rooms
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fan
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Free WiFi
- iPod docking station
- Free newspaper
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Room service (24 hours)
- In-room climate control (heating)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Digital TV service
- Down comforter
- Individually decorated
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
Santa Elisabetta Restaurant - Large restaurant on the 1st floor. Semi-circle room in ancient tower provides space for main-room overflow or private parties. Italian cuisine (chef caters to particular tastes, preferences, and allergies). Buffet breakfast; á la carte lunch and dinner.
Osteria della Pagliazza - Serving typical Tuscan dishes, this restaurant is open for lunch and dinner. In the summer meals are served in the hotel's courtyard.
Bar - Located on the ground floor, the bar serves a range of alcoholic drinks, tea, and coffee.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 2 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 72.0 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets stay free
- 1 per room (up to 10 kg)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 4.80 per person, per night, up to 7 nights. This tax does not apply to children under 12 years of age.
- Resort fee
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 20 for adults and EUR 20 for children (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 65 per vehicle (roundtrip)
- Self parking fee: EUR 39 per day
- Valet parking fee: EUR 39 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 72.0 per night
- Brunelleschi Florence
- Brunelleschi Hotel
- Brunelleschi Hotel Florence
- Hotel Brunelleschi
- Hotel Brunelleschi Florence
We should mention
All guests, including children, must be present at check-in and show their government-issued photo ID card or passport. Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 2999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation. A resort fee is included in the total price displayed. Up to 2 children 2 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- Hotel Brunelleschi is listed in the 2015 Travel + Leisure 500.