Florence Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are 6 economical motels in Florence among the more than 54 lodging choices. When you pick one of these budget accommodations, there might not be abundant amenities like you'd find at a traditional hotel but you'll save more cash for your trip.
Fun fact: The word "motel" was invented in 1925 by the owner of the Milestone Mo-Tel in San Luis Obispo, California. Often just a story or two, motel properties usually have exterior corridors overlooking the parking lot or an outdoor pool.
Listed below are some of Expedia customers' favorite Florence motels to select from:
Days Inn by Wyndham Florence Downtown
- Enjoy access to the seasonal outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Florence Inn and Suites
- A restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking are available during your stay.
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like cable TV.
Key West Inn
- Enjoy access to the spa tub, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Things to Do in Florence
Take time to enjoy the riverfront and restaurants in this family-friendly area while you're sightseeing. Visitors like Florence for its shops and live music.
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- River Heritage Park
- Deibert Park
- Spring Park
Some historical places you might want to see include:
- Renaissance Tower
- Muscle Shoals Sound Studios
- Fame Recording Studios
During your trip, here are some other places to visit:
- Frank Lloyd Wright Rosenbaum House
- Regency Square Mall
- Joe Wheeler State Park
Florence is also notable for its:
Best Time to Visit Florence
Determine the optimal time to visit Florence by looking over the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically August and July, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 69° F and nighttime temperatures average 31° F
- April-June: 90° F is the daytime average and 46° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 91° F and nighttime averages are around 56° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 79° F during the day and 32° F at night
- Average rainfall is 53.11 inches in a year
How to Get to Florence and Around the Area
|Muscle Shoals, AL (MSL-Northwest Alabama Regional) ||Airport ||4.9 mi (7.9 km) |
|Huntsville, AL (HSV-Huntsville Intl.) ||Airport ||52.2 mi (84 km) |