Posted Jun 20, 2016 on Hotels
I needed a place to stay overnight between scuba trips. It served its purpose, but I wouldn't stay here again unless there were no other options.
On the upside, the tiki bar is fun, the WiFi worked well and the room was clean.
But, this place should be a lot better than it is, and it doesn't seem like it would take a huge investment to get it there. Instead, my impression was that the owners of this place stopped caring about the hotel side of their operation a long time ago.
* The green outdoor carpet on the 'deck' is worn and fraying badly, to the point that there are fragments of green carpet everywhere nearby.
* There's no place to sit on that deck.
* They apparently don't have anyone on staff sweeping / cleaning the grounds on any routine basis, so trash, cigarette butts, and the green stuff mentioned above just accumulate everywhere.
* The stair treads were worn to the point that what's left of them were useless and just ugly.
* Despite advertising recently-renovated rooms (I stayed in one that was allegedly renovated), everything is still terribly dated.
* Parking is a disaster.
I wanted to like this place a lot more than I did. There are much better options in Key Largo.