Families will find kid-friendly activities in Flushing, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and Chinatown. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, festivals, and sporting events. Around the area, top sights include Floating Pool, Bronx Zoo, and Bloomingdale's.
- You'll find 1504 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of New York
- The closest major airport is in New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia), 3 mi (4.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.), 7.8 mi (12.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Flushing
The city is well known for its live music and festivals, and cultural venues include John Bowne House, Kingsland Homestead, and Queens Historical Society. The city is notable for its Chinatown and landmarks like Free Synagogue of Flushing and Unisphere. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Queens Botanical Garden and Adelphi University.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Flushing. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hyatt Place Flushing/LaGuardia Airport - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Flushing Chinatown can enjoy access to an indoor pool and a health club, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and central location.
- Fairfield Inn by Marriott LaGuardia Airport/Flushing - Our customers like the quiet location and WiFi at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Queens can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Marco LaGuardia Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel in Queens features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. Expedia customers like its breakfast and proximity to public transit.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Floating Pool, located 5 mi (8 km) from the city center, and Bronx Zoo, which is 6.9 mi (11.1 km) away.
Getting Around Flushing
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Flushing Main St. Station, Flushing Murray Hill Station, or Flushing Broadway Station. Flushing might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Flushing
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 55°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 86°F with nighttime averages of 57°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 28°F
- About 44.76 inches of rain falls on Flushing each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 28°F