Visiting Folly Beach
Travelers to Folly Beach give high marks for the beaches and lively bar scene. This city also attracts tourists with its seafood restaurants. A top sight in the area is USS Yorktown.
- You'll find 2090 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Charleston
- The closest major airport is in Charleston, SC (CHS-Charleston Intl.), 16.8 mi (27 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Folly Beach
The city's beaches, sunsets, and sunrises provide a picturesque setting, and places to visit include Folly Beach County Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Folly Beach Fishing Pier and Morris Island Lighthouse.
In Folly Beach, there are 273 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Regatta Inn - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Water's Edge Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Tides Folly Beach Hotel - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
A popular place to see outside the city is USS Yorktown, located 9.4 mi (15.2 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Folly Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 68°F and the nighttime average to be 42°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 55°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 68°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 43°F at night
- About 44.41 inches of rain falls on Folly Beach each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 44°F