Located on 280 private acres just a few minutes from the entrance to Crater Lake & about 35 minutes from the rim, this well-appointed 5000 sq. ft. bunkhouse has everything you need to host your next retreat, workshop, or large family reunion. Annie Creek, a substantial natural waterway that runs through the property year round, offers ample wildlife viewing opportunities & trout fishing. There's open cattle grazing on site, making close encounters with roaming livestock a distinct possibility!
6 semi-private rooms of various bed configurations and 1 private room with 4 beds accommodate a total of 20 people with access to 4 shared bathrooms (two full, two half). The kitchen is well stocked and ready to feed large groups with ease. The spacious layout, restored 1940s range, and custom built BBQ make cooking for a crowd a breeze. The large, open floor plan allows for lots of room to meet, plan, create, and gather in large and small group configurations.
Medford is 75 miles away and the closest town is the small town of Fort Klamath, with limited services available. Be sure to stock up on groceries ahead of time and plan fuel stops on your way in accordingly. The peace and quiet of this remote sanctuary are relaxing as long as you are prepared! There is no internet or cable TV at this location and cellular service is spotty at best. If you’re looking for a reason to be unplugged and just enjoy being together, Sun Mountain Ranch Bunkhouse is a perfect choice! Note: Firewood is provided for all guests, year around. This is the only source of heat.
Other Things to Note:
Some very important things to know about our property:
- Elevation is over 4000'... be prepared for snow from November - April
- There is no Internet
- There is limited cell phone service but we do have a 'landline' in the house
- The only source of heat is a very large fireplace. We stock plenty of firewood.
- All of the bedrooms are semi-private (three walls), divided by Native American blankets in dormers throughout the house
- Access to the upper floor bedrooms are from an outside staircase... snow shovel provided :-)
- The closest grocery stores are approximately an hour away... make sure to stock up before arriving.
- The kitchen is generously stocked with cookware and dishware. If you have it at home... most likely we have it here
- The cleaning fee assumes a $50 pet fee
Interaction with Guests:
You'll have all the privacy you need on site. If you need us, we are always available to assist our guests in making plans for theater, restaurants, shopping, wine tasting, hiking, water sports, and so much more!