Get an overview of this hotelFamily-friendly hotel on Fort Lauderdale Beach
Popular property highlights
Walkway to beach
Steps from the beach, Bahia Mar Ft. Lauderdale Beach is in the heart of Fort Lauderdale, near the International Swimming Hall of Fame, the Gallery at Beach Place and 1 mile from Port Everglades. The airport is also nearby.
Sail, swim, or volley
Hotel staff can arrange on-site water sports such as sailing, snorkeling, scuba diving and water-skiing, and Bahia Mar Ft. Lauderdale Beach- a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel contains a 24-hour fitness center, 4 tennis courts, and an outdoor pool overlooking the Intracoastal Waterway.
Water, garden views
Guestrooms in Bahia Mar Ft. Lauderdale Beach- a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel's 4-story marina building and 16-story tower have views of the ocean, marina, or gardens and courtyard. All rooms have refrigerators, microwaves, and LCD TVs.
- Good location
- Family-friendly amenities
- Helpful staff
- Overall room comfort
- Bathrooms could've been nicer
Bahia Mar Ft. Lauderdale Beach- a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
This 40-acre Florida resort and yachting center complex is set off the main road, in the center of Fort Lauderdale's beach, shopping, nightclub, and restaurant districts. The ocean waterfront is across the street and the beach is accessible via a private walkway. Built in 1975, the family-friendly hotel comprises a 4-story marina building and a 16-story tower connected by a covered walkway.
The Bahia Mar's lobby offers a jewelry store and a resort shop that sells signature items and other resort-friendly goods. Dining options include an ocean-view restaurant, a poolside bar, and a deli. In-room dining is also available.
Other resort amenities include 24-hour fitness facilities, bicycle rentals, water taxi service, a heated outdoor swimming pool, and free WiFi access in public areas. The resorts own 250-slip marina offers 3,000 feet (0.9 kilometers) of parallel dockage and over 4 miles (6.4 kilometers) of floating docks with fueling. A marina store and dive shop are also on site while a cruise ship terminal is nearby.
- 24-hour front desk
- Children's club (surcharge)
- Number of floors - 20
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Tennis on site
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Concierge services
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- 24-hour health club
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Tours/ticket assistance
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Children's club
- Marina on site
- Meeting rooms 11
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 296
- Picnic area
- Poolside bar
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1975
- Outdoor tennis courts - 4
- Conference space size (meters) - 2044
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Long-term parking (surcharge)
- Shopping on site
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Outdoor pool
- Wedding services
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Coffee shop or café
- Pool umbrellas
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Number of restaurants - 3
- Conference space size (feet) - 22000
- Television in common areas
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Outdoor pool
- Outdoor tennis courts
- Laundry facilities
- Playground on site
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 4.95 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 4.95 per 24-hour period )
Long-term parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Daily housekeeping
- Room service (limited hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Down comforter
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
Breezes Cafe & Bar - Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner each day. Bar is open until late night.
Waves Poolbar & Cafe - Pool bar open late morning to mid-evening. Food available during selected hours.
All About Food - Local New York-style deli serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Room Service - Available from early morning until mid-evening.
Nearby Things to Do
Bahia Mar Ft. Lauderdale Beach- a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel offers a heated outdoor pool, four lighted tennis courts, a gymnasium, an extensive fitness center, and Ping-Pong and pool tables. A private walkway leads to the beach across the street.
Hotel staff can arrange a variety of onsite water sports, including sailing, boating, snorkeling, fishing, and water skiing; scuba tours and lessons; rentals of personal watercraft.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Fishing on site
- Motor boating on site
- Playground on site
- Sailing on site
- Scuba diving on site
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 15.00 per day.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 65 per accommodation, per stay
- Up to 20 lb
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
No rollaway/extra beds available
- Fee for continental breakfast: USD 13.95 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 4.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 4.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 27.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 32.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 65 per accommodation, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 15.00 per day
- Bahia Mar DoubleTree
- Bahia Mar Hilton DoubleTree
- Bahia Mar Hilton Hotel
- Mar Bahia Hotel
- Bahia Mar Ft. Lauderdale Beach DoubleTree Hilton Hotel
- Bahia Mar DoubleTree Hilton Hotel
We should mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.