My worst hotel experience in my life so far
Posted Mar 7, 2017
This is my first negative review. Why? Because it was really that bad.
1. Old and run down property. The hotel is very outdated. All they did - just renovated a lobby. Yes, the lobby is really nice and modern, no issues, but the rest is just old. It looks old and it smells old.
2. Bathroom. In most rooms there is no privacy in the bathroom. They made a window into the bathroom right next to a bad and it's just like wooden shades... no glass. Same as a door to the bathroom. All sounds and smells are shared with all people in the room if you excuse me for details.
3. Staff is lying you in your eyes. I asked Jessica at a front desk to give me another room and she replied that all rooms are like that and it's a Westin policy in general. I told her that my friend is also staying in the hotel and he doesn't have this issue in his room. Then she said that they don't have these shades in corner rooms. I said no, he is not staying in a corner room... Here comes the best part. she suggest me to go take a picture of my friends restroom because she doesn't believe me :)Well, I did. Then she said that's the way it is. Woow.
4. Drafts. I don't know why by it's so windy inside that hotel. Drafts are everywhere on floors corridors. You just hear the whistle and slamming doors all the time.
5. Slamming doors. We couldn't sleep entire night because of slamming doors in other rooms. 100s times. No personnel anywhere to be found. I felt like in some $20/night motel in the middle of nowhere
Comment from Hotel Management
Mar 10, 2017 by Neal Spivack, Hotel Management
Thank you for taking the time to share these comments with us. It was great to read how you enjoyed our new lobby, and location, but feel terrible that the other parts of your stay were not Excellent. Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you encountered. Our bathroom design does generate an opinion, and this is shared with our ownership. We do have a few rooms per floor that do not have that window, and need to train our staff on how to better handle these requests as we should not be requiring proof from our guests. The hallways can get a bit loud when its windy outside and guests are leaving their balcony doors open. Again, our sincere apologies as this is not typical of our resort. We do hope if your travels bring you back this way in the future you will give us another opportunity.