Get an overview of this hotelFort Walton Beach hotel with waterfall pool
Popular property highlights
Located next door to The Boardwalk , the Florida Gulfarium, and the Okaloosa Island Fishing Pier, the Ramada Plaza Beach Resort is within 2 miles of downtown Fort Walton Beach.
Waterfall pool, 3 bars
This hotel has an expansive pool with a waterfall and swim-up bar, a lobby bar and beachfront bar, and a restaurant serving all meals.
Comfy beds, HBO
Ramada Plaza Beach Resort's guestrooms offer beds with pillowtop mattresses, cable TV with HBO, refrigerators, and in-room safes. Wireless Internet access and local calls are complimentary.
- Good location
- Helpful staff
- Overall room comfort
- Guestrooms weren't very spacious
Ramada Plaza Fort Walton Beach Resort/Destin
Ramada Plaza Beach Resort is next door to The Boardwalk, the Florida Gulfarium, and the Okaloosa Island Fishing Pier. Downtown Fort Walton Beach is less than 2 miles away.
This family-friendly hotel offers 2 outdoor pools and a children's pool, complimentary sun loungers, and umbrellas by the pool as well as a garden and picnic area. The Grotto Pool features cascading waterfalls and an outdoor spa tub. In addition, a swim-up bar, beachfront bar, and lobby bar are on site, along with a restaurant serving all meals. Buffet breakfast is offered for a fee. Guests can take advantage of the fitness room. Complimentary wireless Internet access is provided.
- Beach umbrellas
- Beach sun loungers
- Pool sun loungers
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- Free WiFi
- Swim-up bar
- Total number of rooms - 335
- Number of floors - 5
- 24-hour front desk
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Coffee shop or café
- Concierge services
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Fitness facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Laundry facilities
- Meeting rooms 5
- RV, bus, truck parking
- Picnic area
- Poolside bar
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 1301
- Conference space size (feet) - 14000
- Free self parking
- Shopping on site
- Children's pool
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Outdoor pools
- Children's pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking, RV, bus, truck parking
- Shower/tub combination
- Free local calls
- Private bathroom
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Access via exterior corridors
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Pillowtop mattress
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Cable TV service
- Room service
- Room service (limited hours)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
The Island Grille - Seasonal, courtyard dining. Summertime favorites include wood-smoked ribs, pork, chicken, burgers, and hotdogs cooked on an open-pit.
Lobby Bar - Featuring Happy Hour. Hors d'oeuvres available with drink purchase. Televisions show news and sporting events.
Beach Bar - Beachfront bar on the Gulf of Mexico. Featuring tropical drinks. Seasonal.
Grotto Bar - Swim-up bar under five-story waterfall. Featuring tropical drinks. Seasonal.
Garden Café - Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Menu specializes in American food. Overlooking the tropical gardens.
Nearby Things to Do
Guests have ample opportunity to swim on site with the two outdoor swimming pools with complimentary sun loungers and sun umbrellas. Nearby water activities include boat cruises and tours and there is a nearby dock for guest's personalized watercraft. Scuba diving and snorkeling are accessible and there is a golf range for practicing that drive or taking lessons.
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Scuba diving nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 10.00 per stay.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
This hotel has been designated a Green Lodging property by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
- Deposit: USD 200.00 per stay (for guests under 25 years old)
- Breakage deposit: USD 30.00 per stay
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 10.95 for adults and USD 5.00 for children (approximately)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 10.00 per stay
- Destin Ramada
- Ramada Destin
- Ramada Plaza Destin
- Ramada Plaza Fort Walton Beach Destin
- Ramada Plaza Fort Walton Beach Resort Destin
- Ramada Plaza Resort Destin
- Ramada Resort
- Ramada Resort Destin
- Resort Ramada
- Fort Walton Beach Ramada
- Ramada Fort Walton Beach
- Ramada Plaza Beach Hotel Fort Walton Beach
- Ramada Plaza Fort Walton Beach Resort/Destin Hotel
- Ramada Plaza Fort Walton Beach Resort/Destin
- Ramada Resort/Destin
- Ramada Resort/Destin Hotel
We should mention
Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.