Visiting Foz do Iguacu
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Foz do Iguacu, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful waterfalls and local tours. Top sights in the city include Bird Park, Parque Nacional do Iguacu, and Itaipu Dam.
- There are 204 hotels and other accommodations in Foz do Iguacu
- The closest major airport is in Iguassu Falls (IGU-Foz do Iguacu Intl.), 2.6 mi (4.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Iguazu (IGR-Cataratas del Iguazu Intl.), 11 mi (17.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Foz do Iguacu
Cultural venues in the city include Dreamland Wax Museum, Bottega Churrascaria Show, and Rafain Churrascaria Show. Families come for attractions such as Bird Park, Lake Itaipu Thermal Water Park, and Acquamania. The city is notable for landmarks like Itaipu Dam, Three Borders Mark, and Buddhist Temple.
In Foz do Iguacu, you'll be able to select from 204 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Belmond Hotel das Cataratas - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with a free stocked minibar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and helpful staff.
- Viale Tower Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Foz do Iguacu City Centre can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Resort Wish Foz do Iguaçu - With a stay at this 4.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with in-room LED TVs. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Other top sights in Foz do Iguacu include Parque Nacional do Iguacu and Cataratas Avenue. Popular places to visit outside the city include Iguazu Falls, located 8.9 mi (14.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Iguacu Falls, which is 9.2 mi (14.9 km) away.
Getting Around Foz do Iguacu
Make your way to Urban Transport Terminal for metro transit. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Foz do Iguacu
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 67°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 54°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 54°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 91°F and nighttime averages of 62°F
- About 55.20 inches of rain falls on Foz do Iguacu each year
- Usually December and January are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 55°F