Visiting Fraser Island
Visitors to Fraser Island are sure to enjoy the local tours and beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its forests.
- There are 24 hotels and other accommodations in Fraser Island
- The closest major airport is in Hervey Bay, QLD (HVB), 18.5 mi (29.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Fraser Island
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Lake Allom, The Pinnacles, and Eli Creek. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Maheno Shipwreck and Seventy-Five Mile Beach.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Fraser Island. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Sailfish on Fraser - With a stay at this 3.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia travelers love its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Fraser Island Retreat - Our customers like the dining options and beach locale at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking.
- Kingfisher Bay Resort - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and 3 restaurants, along with a private balcony. Expedia customers like its beach locale and room size.
Dressing for Fraser Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 81°F and the nighttime average to be 69°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September averages 75°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 81°F during the day and 63°F at night
- About 37.91 inches of rain falls on Fraser Island each year
- Hottest months are usually December and February with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 57°F