Posted May 29, 2016 on Hotels
When we got to Starke, we couldn't find the hotel because there was a big sign for a chicken restaurant where the hotel sign should have been. I seen a paper on the check in desk saying pool was closed for remodeling yet the website I booked it on didn't have that information. We get to the room and it has a musty smell, like the lobby did. After driving 7 hours, I was just tired so I turned on the tv for the kids and noticed there was no microwave or coffee pot in the room but there was an iron and a hair dryer, things I never use. Went to take a shower and water ran everywhere out of the faucet. Bathtub plug wouldn't open back up after being closed so the water wouldn't drain. Turned the covers back and I noticed cigarette burns on the sheets and what appeared to be speckles of blood on the sheets and a pillow case. So we slept on top of the beds. Got up at 7am for the 'free continental breakfast' but all we found was coffee and warm milk and cereal that was stale. Worst experience ever and I will never go back. Would not recommend at all. Horrible.